Nowadays, mobile phones are an essential part of our lives, and all we want is enough battery life for a day. Several factors drain our batteries and contribute to poor battery life. It’s a fact, the older the device, the less power, and strength it has. Also, there are two main factors on which our battery depends, i.e., the way we use it on a particular day and the way we used them in past days.
WAYS TO BOOST YOUR BATTERY LIFE
Here I am going to share some ways to extend your battery life:
INCREASE CHARGING TIME
Nowadays, many mobile phone devices have highly fast charging options which can charge them in minutes rather than hours. No doubt, it’s beneficial when you are in a hurry but on normal days, avoid this method to charge your phone as it will slow down your device and decrease its storage.
REDUCE SCREEN BRIGHTNESS
The easiest way to reduce battery consumption while maintaining full device function is to reduce screen brightness and turn off adaptive brightness. You can also use “LIGHT ON DARK” mode.
Also Read: Phone Battery Replacement
AVOID OVER-NIGHT CHARGING
If you want to save your device or extend its life, don’t try to charge it overnight or in a cradle during the daytime for long hours, which is very common nowadays. The reason behind this is:
- Continuous & long hours of charging a full battery can cause metallic plating, which reduces stability and leads to system malfunctioning and reboots.
- It leaves the battery at a higher stress voltage.
- It increases the temperature of the device, creates excessive heat due to wasted power dissipation.
UPDATE YOU MOBILE APPS
Must update your mobile apps regularly, and the latest versions of your phone apps will help you enhance your battery life and support your phone. You can keep your settings to update your apps automatically or either do it manually by yourself.
REST ACTIVE TRACKING OF YOUR DEVICE
Many features like Bluetooth, google voice assistant, location services, or many others like them are helpful but drain your battery as your phone pings to connect and update. If you’re looking to preserve your battery life, turn them off until you need them.
OTHERS WAYS TO EXTEND BATTERY LIFE
- Stay away from moving wallpaper.
- Take control of your apps and put unused apps under sleep to maximize your battery life.
- Constant beeping and buzzing of the phone can drain its device, keep your phone in silent mode.
- Do prefer to use Wi-Fi over mobile data or 4G.
- Turn on power-saving mode constantly.
BEST WAY TO CHARGE YOUR MOBILE PHONE
- Avoid full cycle (zero-100 percent) and overnight charging. Instead, charge your phone more regularly with partial charges.
- Ending a charge at 80 percent is better for the battery than topping up to 100 percent.
- Use fast charging technologies sparingly and don’t charge overnight.
- Don’t cover your phone while charging, and keep it out of hot places.
- Please turn your phone off while charging, or at least avoid using it.
- Run your battery down until the phone turns itself off (without charging in between).